Seemingly Random "Hard Crashes"

Hey everyone,

has anyone else had problems with the game crashing? When I play the game, sometimes right after loading a save or mission, sometimes later, sometimes not at all, the game freezes and then my computer just restarts. This happend in both the base game as well as Legends. Havent tried "Expansion Disc" yet. I have tried playing without background applications like a browser or Riva Tuner Statistics Server running but it still crashed. Even reinstalled windows after formatting the drive. Found one old thread on this topic, but in The Settlers 6, sadly with no further information. https://steamcommunity.com/app/96531...2339926466927/

Setup:
    Settlers 5 - History Edition
    r5 1600, stock on B350 motherboard
    msi gaming x gtx 1080
    running off an SSD
    WIN10; GFX-Driver: 430.64

I love the game and would like to play some more
    Tear1

Avatar von Ar-Sakalthor Neuzugang
    Hey mate

You playing the OG DedK or do you play on the History Edition?
    With the History Edition i dont have such a problem. You played with the gamefiles maybe? (Edited or changed something?)

I use the history editon, sorry should have added that. Did not touch anything, thats what makes it so weird. Litterally cant figure out the cause. Even what causes it ingame seems random. Dont have it in other games either, so im pretty sure its not a hardware issue. Oh well, maybe it will just go away ^^
    Best Regards

This Thread can be closed.

Apparently my otherwise stable overclock on the graphics card and RAM was the cause of this. Possibly the boost algorithm pushing the clocks too high, since the card stays so cool when playing this game. The OC seemed stable in my other games ;/. My apologies.