Avatar von Brumbek Junior Mitglied

ANNO 1404/DoD Venice Unofficial Patch Release!

January 5, 2013 Update: Version 1.10 is out!! Changelog here.

Download from my DropBox. Dropbox is always up to date and uses .7z compression for the smallest file size.

Download .7z Patch Archive from my 4Shared. 4Shared is always up to date and uses .7z compression for the smallest file size.

The patch is now mirrored on Patches Scrolls. Patches Scrolls uses .zip files and are twice as large as the .7z archive versions.

Also mirrored on AtomicGamer (.7z file), and Gamers Hell. These mirrors may not have the latest versions.

(Download old version 1.08 .7z Patch Archive from 4Shared.)

Hi Anno friends,

I'm the current Admin of the Anno 1404 English Wiki, and after doing some extensive testing, I've found a method to modify the fully patched game and not break achievements. Hence, I've created an Unofficial Patch, a massive project to fix the remaining issues the game has.

The purpose of this patch is to provide a 100% proper English localization, for both the European version and the American version, while also fixing the remaining game, quest, and achievement bugs. The bug fixes will also work on all other language versions as well.

A summary of changes the Anno 1404: Venice Unofficial Patch makes to create a flawless English localization:

• Over 21,000 lines of text reviewed to fix over 1,000 grammar issues, spelling mistakes, and typos.
    • Over 3,300 tooltips reviewed with hundreds of fixes and improvements to ensure accuracy and clarity.
    • Over 1,100 quest story texts present only in the German version have been translated and fully restored.
    • Localized over 300 words used in over 1,300 places to ensure 100% proper spellings for both the American and European English versions.
    • Added production chain ratios text to all relevant building tooltips; this is insanely helpful!
    • Added quest names to all dialogs offering quests so now you don’t have to accept to see the name.
    • Over 50 quest logic errors fixed – some cosmetic, some quest-breaking, and one game-crashing.
    • Fixed mismatched quest text and quest objectives for many extensive quests.
    • Fixed a few achievement bugs to finally allow all 316 achievements to be completed; five were impossible to complete for most players.
    • Changed achievement descriptions to actually match the requirements for a handful of achievements that had misleading descriptions.
    • Restored funny and witty achievement sentences for all achievement tooltips that were mistakenly removed.
    • Removed quest timer that adds 18 minutes to all quest queues effectively making it so you almost never get quests from some NPCs but lots from others.
    • All terminology standardized to remove ambiguity; a few terms renamed such as “Loan” is now “Grant”.
    • Renamed a few key buildings and goods to make more sense. For instance, “Animal Hides” don't come from Pigs, “Pigskins” do; the “Mill” should be called “Flour Mill”; “Eyeglasses” not “Glasses”, “Wheat Farm” not “Crop Farm”; and so on.
    • Implemented a consistent style guide regarding capitalization, names, and so on.
    • Added optional mods to make playing less tedious, such as infinite Norias and Resources, silencing annoying messages, and only having to find 1 wanted persons.
    • Countless other fixes and improvements – the major changes documented in the 16 page change list.

A fun new logo banner:

These production chain ratios make life so much nicer. No more consulting the Wiki non-stop!

Over 1,100 quest texts just like this have been restored! Rejoice, all ye readers of quest text!

Now with Quest Names listed when NPCs offer Quests!

Avatar von Nacht_en_ontij Kam, sah und tippte
    Cool stuff! I've made a spreadsheet that adresses some of these issues, particularly in the 'notes' section.

Two small examples are a quest from Gavin Langton ('Das Statussymbol'], which isn't translated at all, and an invalid quest from Hildegard.

Avatar von henk1001 Kam, sah und tippte
    That's a huge job.

It's difficult to tell you the mistakes as there are too many.

But what has confused me and I have been waiting for hours, hours, hours......
    The quests from Marie d'Artois, Guy Forcas and Cardinal Lucius:
    An Imperial Cathedral must be built.
    It looks that you have to build the foundation and do not start building the first stage.
    But I think this is not true.
    You have to play the game till you reach 2000 Nobleman.
    Then the Imperial Cathedral symbol pops up in the menu.
    Now the conditions are fullfilled for the quest.
    So DO NOT build the foundation; do nothing;
    just wait for the quest.

And I came across 3 quests I couldn't solve:
    Two are linked to achievements:
    The scenario: Incognito
    Economic Espionage from Giovanni
    And a normal quest from Hildegard on Patrician level:
    Blind zeal - is not asking for glass but for glasses, these are only available in the nobleman stage.

Thank you henk1001 for your list. I'll look into the Cathedral foundation matter.

Incognito: yeah...that beat the scenario in 30 minutes achievement is broken. And sadly, I don't think I can fix it. The achievement timer itself is broken, not the .xml quest conditions...bah. If anyone else figures out a way to fix this, let me know...

Economic Espionage from Giovanni: What about this one doesn't work? Is it part 1 or 2? Are you unable to deliver the goods in part 2? Please let me know.

Blind zeal: fixed. Changed it to Noblemen since it truly does want Glasses.

The quests: build an imperial cathedral.
    I think that in the list Nacht_en_ontij has sent it is correct.
    The Imperial Cathedral should be available. (after 2000 nobleman, so you can built it)
    Also in the German wiki it's saying: Kaiserdom baubar. I think that's OK.
    But what the wiki says: built the foundation, the quest of all 3 CP's will not come.

Economic Espionage is asking for a butchershop on Patrician level, but this is only available in the nobelman stage.
    I played it several times on patrician level and on Nobelman level, but it doesn't work.

Another one:
    In the Set Up achievements the quest:
    Own 10.000 buildings at once in a game
    This in Anno and in Venice is called: Real Estate Shark. In the Wiki it is: We built this City

Imperial Cathedral quests: Ok, I updated the Wiki.

Economic Espionage: Oh ok, I already fixed that. I changed it to Noblemen precondition.

About that achievement, the American version is called "We built this city", which is a reference to a famous American rock song...thanks for telling me the non-US name. Wiki updated. Let me know if you find more like this.

Probably there are more, but I remember 2.

In Diplomacy: Make 20 successful insults
    You fight like a Dairy Farmer.
    But he, tell him, can lick me on ....

And a strange one also in Diplomacy; A sultan in the Sultan's place:
    The false Coat of Arms V
    The German version has: Die gefälschte Wappen I-V
    The English version starts with:
    The false Crest I-IV
    and the last one: The false Coat of Arms V

Thanks, updated Wiki, added "But he, tell him..."

Regarding the Sultan one, the Wiki was wrong, it should be as you say, "A Sultan in the Sultan's Place".

Keep up any more bug or error reports.

Avatar von Nacht_en_ontij Kam, sah und tippte
    Regarding the neutral powers, some useful information can be found here.

Not updated in a while though.

Yes, please look at the 2 spreadsheets Nacht_en_ontij has sent you.
    There is a lot of detail about all the achievements.

I just want to mention another annoying bug.
    The achievements and the items of Cuno von Rembold can only be reached / collected in Venice.
    In the basic version a game starts working well, but in the nobelman stage, after some time,
    the timer, that he is resting, restarts straight after he has finished.