PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : NEWS: Q&A

Vth_F_Smith_
10-02-06, 08:31
Im Webblog zu Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter auf 1up.com (http://www.1up.com) wurde ein neues Q&A online gestellt, mit einigen Informationen, die Euch interessieren dürften (vor allem der letzte Abschnitt).

Viel Spaß beim Lesen! http://forums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

1. How has the user interface been improved over the previous version?

One of the newest features of the UI in GRAW is the Heads Up Display or HUD. We have tried to keep everything contained within the HUD and simplified it, to allow the player quicker interaction, Intel and functionality.
Within the X360 HUD you have the CROSS-COM, by using the D-Pad, the player can cycle through support units and give orders whilst seeing the real-time views of Ghosts, Drones, Apaches and Tank units. You can also call up the 3D Intel Map which appears as 3D overlay still displaying your real time CROSS-COM window, where the player can give orders directly in the tactical map still seeing the action the whole time on screen and in the real-time window display.

The CROSS-COM also has another unique feature which allows the player to stay in the action and keeps his character moving. This is the NARCOM an extension of the CC and appears during traveling phases or once an objective has been achieved. You receive things like information, objectives from Central command, other troops and even TV News Flashes.

Basically, through the CC we have really tried to keep the player in the action constantly, even when he is being transported by APC or Blackhawk across Mexico City.

2. It's been discussed that having the enemies outlined "dumbs down" the game. Can you discuss what advantages there is to having this, and will there be an option to turn it off?

In GRAW everything is about giving the player choice and control of their game. You can turn Intels off at any point and you can even change from OTS to reticule only views. We have based the technology on real military hardware, and in an urban environment intelligence is the most important thing on the battlefield. Ghost Recon has always been a challenging game tactically and in terms of gameplay because of the level of realism. We definitely wanted to keep this, as it is the core of the game, but we also wanted to make it more accessible and a next generation experience to newcomers of Ghost Recon and X360.

One of the most important things to highlight is that when you are actually playing, you realize that it is not impeding your gameplay but extending your experience and the use of your support forces (Via CROSS COM). For example I am behind cover with my team, I call up my Intel map and send my UAV drone over the next zone to detect any enemies seeing the drone view in real-time, and it will then highlight in range enemy positions in red. They are still behind cover and will move location tactically with new AI. This allows me to send my troops to covering positions as I assault the enemy hotspots. What it doesn't do, is stop me getting shot, enemies can be anywhere and cannot always be spotted!

3. The maps we've seen look different from the "classic" GR-style maps. How did the level designers go about creating maps that were still fit into the GR style and storyline but with a new look (i.e. the beach map Rocky Cove)? How was it decided which classic maps would make reappearance?

For multiplayer, we really wanted to focus on variety for players, both in gameplay and visuals. We started with a brainstorm of about thirty different concepts from the team, and then narrowed the list down to a set of maps that would each provide a distinct experience for the player, both in style (urban, rural, jungle, desert, etc), visuals, and sound. Next, we built prototypes in the GR2 engine and playtested them for hours on end, refining the spaces so that they played right, using different tactics and weapons. Once we had the layout the way we wanted it, the artists went into production and maximized the power of the Xbox 360 to get the coolest graphics.

This cycle gave each map a unique visual style, as well as different gameplay types on each map, from the sniperfest of Rocky Cove, the close-range meatgrinder of Boneyard, and the over-and under combat of Wharf. Our sound crew also worked magic to not only make you feel like you were actually in these environments, but to use sound as a tactic, really making a shoot/don't shoot scenario a real choice.

4. What can we expect from the leaderboards for GRAW? Will this game take advantage of the achievements that are tied to gamertags?

Achievements definitely make an appearance in Multiplayer, there are a whole range of Achievements that you can earn Gamer Creds with, including a vaunted "Best Player in the World" Achievement.

The ranking and leaderboard system for GRAW has been totally redesigned from the ground up; it now uses real military ranks, from private to general, to display your rankings to other players. One unique aspect of this is that you can choose from several different countries to be in, and your rank insignia will change to reflect the nation you choose. Your country is also displayed on the leaderboards, so if you see someone at the top from another country, you better challenge them to a match!

5. Will there be a demo in the Marketplace soon, so we can experience the beauty of this game for ourselves in high-definition?

Yes there is, we are putting something special together as we speak which will be out soon.

Vth_F_Smith_
10-02-06, 08:31
Im Webblog zu Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter auf 1up.com (http://www.1up.com) wurde ein neues Q&A online gestellt, mit einigen Informationen, die Euch interessieren dürften (vor allem der letzte Abschnitt).

Viel Spaß beim Lesen! http://forums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

1. How has the user interface been improved over the previous version?

One of the newest features of the UI in GRAW is the Heads Up Display or HUD. We have tried to keep everything contained within the HUD and simplified it, to allow the player quicker interaction, Intel and functionality.
Within the X360 HUD you have the CROSS-COM, by using the D-Pad, the player can cycle through support units and give orders whilst seeing the real-time views of Ghosts, Drones, Apaches and Tank units. You can also call up the 3D Intel Map which appears as 3D overlay still displaying your real time CROSS-COM window, where the player can give orders directly in the tactical map still seeing the action the whole time on screen and in the real-time window display.

The CROSS-COM also has another unique feature which allows the player to stay in the action and keeps his character moving. This is the NARCOM an extension of the CC and appears during traveling phases or once an objective has been achieved. You receive things like information, objectives from Central command, other troops and even TV News Flashes.

Basically, through the CC we have really tried to keep the player in the action constantly, even when he is being transported by APC or Blackhawk across Mexico City.

2. It's been discussed that having the enemies outlined "dumbs down" the game. Can you discuss what advantages there is to having this, and will there be an option to turn it off?

In GRAW everything is about giving the player choice and control of their game. You can turn Intels off at any point and you can even change from OTS to reticule only views. We have based the technology on real military hardware, and in an urban environment intelligence is the most important thing on the battlefield. Ghost Recon has always been a challenging game tactically and in terms of gameplay because of the level of realism. We definitely wanted to keep this, as it is the core of the game, but we also wanted to make it more accessible and a next generation experience to newcomers of Ghost Recon and X360.

One of the most important things to highlight is that when you are actually playing, you realize that it is not impeding your gameplay but extending your experience and the use of your support forces (Via CROSS COM). For example I am behind cover with my team, I call up my Intel map and send my UAV drone over the next zone to detect any enemies seeing the drone view in real-time, and it will then highlight in range enemy positions in red. They are still behind cover and will move location tactically with new AI. This allows me to send my troops to covering positions as I assault the enemy hotspots. What it doesn't do, is stop me getting shot, enemies can be anywhere and cannot always be spotted!

3. The maps we've seen look different from the "classic" GR-style maps. How did the level designers go about creating maps that were still fit into the GR style and storyline but with a new look (i.e. the beach map Rocky Cove)? How was it decided which classic maps would make reappearance?

For multiplayer, we really wanted to focus on variety for players, both in gameplay and visuals. We started with a brainstorm of about thirty different concepts from the team, and then narrowed the list down to a set of maps that would each provide a distinct experience for the player, both in style (urban, rural, jungle, desert, etc), visuals, and sound. Next, we built prototypes in the GR2 engine and playtested them for hours on end, refining the spaces so that they played right, using different tactics and weapons. Once we had the layout the way we wanted it, the artists went into production and maximized the power of the Xbox 360 to get the coolest graphics.

This cycle gave each map a unique visual style, as well as different gameplay types on each map, from the sniperfest of Rocky Cove, the close-range meatgrinder of Boneyard, and the over-and under combat of Wharf. Our sound crew also worked magic to not only make you feel like you were actually in these environments, but to use sound as a tactic, really making a shoot/don't shoot scenario a real choice.

4. What can we expect from the leaderboards for GRAW? Will this game take advantage of the achievements that are tied to gamertags?

Achievements definitely make an appearance in Multiplayer, there are a whole range of Achievements that you can earn Gamer Creds with, including a vaunted "Best Player in the World" Achievement.

The ranking and leaderboard system for GRAW has been totally redesigned from the ground up; it now uses real military ranks, from private to general, to display your rankings to other players. One unique aspect of this is that you can choose from several different countries to be in, and your rank insignia will change to reflect the nation you choose. Your country is also displayed on the leaderboards, so if you see someone at the top from another country, you better challenge them to a match!

5. Will there be a demo in the Marketplace soon, so we can experience the beauty of this game for ourselves in high-definition?

Yes there is, we are putting something special together as we speak which will be out soon.