PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Domination/Conquest mode suggestions

EnragedMidget
21-09-12, 06:36
I dont know if this is in the right spot, since I cant read the german!

Ive recently been doing some conquest, now called domination mode, and have some suggestions.

The maps seem similar, on most now I can recognise the start and know where the arks are. Couldnt the maps be randomised a bit (still identical to the opposing team), just unique each time? It would add more challenge and the experienced players wouldnt have an undue advantage.

There is no way to communicate with your teammates aside from adding them and chatting. Couldnt there be a team chat function for the game, and a way to leave notes or comments on different maps/islands for the players who come after?

I noticed in one game sabotage, being that someone joined, squandered all the starting resources (they built multiple warehouses and wind plants next to each other until there was no resources left) then quit, most likely to join the other team. This one is difficult to prevent, since even if you prevented someone from joining the same game twice people could still invite friends who would sabotage then leave and do the same with the other guy in return. Perhaps a reset function for a map with 0 or - score when a player who played it has left.

Inactive players is a big problem, but I think you have solved that, am I right in saying that a player with a score has the right to kick those with none?

As for other mission types, how bout some of the following?

Arms race - build up a military power, score is based on the strength of your fleet.
Supplier - an NPC (ark, vadim sokow, etc) is in need of a supplier of a certain resource, such as oil, steel, glass, etc. Score is based on the quantity delivered to this player.
Commander - sink military points to gain score, map would be filled with hostile parties (hector, keto, thor, vladmir) but probably have a friendly start (some bullets for early turrets perhaps)
Merchant - similar to arms race but based on the size of the merchant fleet or number of ships built . Perhaps have quests from arks requesting ships be delivered.

op.27
21-09-12, 15:15
There is no way to communicate with your teammates aside from adding them and chatting. Couldnt there be a team chat function for the game, and a way to leave notes or comments on different maps/islands for the players who come after?

As for other mission types, how bout some of the following?

Arms race - build up a military power, score is based on the strength of your fleet.
Supplier - an NPC (ark, vadim sokow, etc) is in need of a supplier of a certain resource, such as oil, steel, glass, etc. Score is based on the quantity delivered to this player.
Commander - sink military points to gain score, map would be filled with hostile parties (hector, keto, thor, vladmir) but probably have a friendly start (some bullets for early turrets perhaps)
Merchant - similar to arms race but based on the size of the merchant fleet or number of ships built . Perhaps have quests from arks requesting ships be delivered.

here's a linkt to the right Forum (http://forums-de.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/306-General-Discussions) for you ;)

You ideas for other missions sound very nice! I miss a bit military things in the domination mode... The thing with Keto in the map Maneuver isn't a good solution....

And I really miss the teamchat too!!!

and sorry for my bad english :o

EDIT: cool you are in my team I didn't see this before...