PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Bugs of the new forum

ivan6346
20-01-12, 15:53
I don't speak german, so I may post wrongly, please help to move if I post at a incorrect place.
I am a playing a english copy of Anno 2070, and find several bugs of the new forum after upgrade.

1. There is an option to change the interface language. When I browse through the forum without login(and only happen when you are not login), and when I change the language from German(DE) to English(US), every time I try to browse any link. The interface will change back to german, and the option switch include all the translate will change to german(DE) too. I let he option stay as german(DE) and browse another link again, the interface will change back to english again, keep browsing and keep switching from US->DE->US->DE. I have try it on IE/Firefox on my pc, and safari on my iphone, and they all get the same result.

2.I have choose english(US) before I login, but the login page is still in german, this problem in fact have arise before the upgrade of forum, seem nobody take care about it.

3.When I editing this text, if I use the arrow key of my keyboard, I will lose control of the editor area, it seem the browser will take the arrow action to the screen but not the text box. I try this on IE/firefox/Chromium and it seem only happen on firefox(9.0.1).

4.In fact I have report the same topic at here before, and DigitalAsahi aka Ubi_Asahi have reply to my thread, but after I provide with some detail information require by DigitalAsahi aka Ubi_Asahi, the thread just disappear, I don't know it's either a bug of the forum engine or Moderators do something on it. As I don't receive any notifications, so I guess there may be a bug that may delete user's thread in some situation.

Ubi_Asahi
20-01-12, 16:13
I don't speak german, so I may post wrongly, please help to move if I post at a incorrect place.
I am a playing a english copy of Anno 2070, and find several bugs of the new forum after upgrade.

1. There is an option to change the interface language. When I browse through the forum without login(and only happen when you are not login), and when I change the language from German(DE) to English(US), every time I try to browse any link. The interface will change back to german, and the option switch include all the translate will change to german(DE) too. I let he option stay as german(DE) and browse another link again, the interface will change back to english again, keep browsing and keep switching from US->DE->US->DE. I have try it on IE/Firefox on my pc, and safari on my iphone, and they all get the same result.

2.I have choose english(US) before I login, but the login page is still in german, this problem in fact have arise before the upgrade of forum, seem nobody take care about it.

3.When I editing this text, if I use the arrow key of my keyboard, I will lose control of the editor area, it seem the browser will take the arrow action to the screen but not the text box. I try this on IE/firefox/Chromium and it seem only happen on firefox(9.0.1).

4.In fact I have report the same topic at here before, and DigitalAsahi aka Ubi_Asahi have reply to my thread, but after I provide with some detail information require by DigitalAsahi aka Ubi_Asahi, the thread just disappear, I don't know it's either a bug of the forum engine or Moderators do something on it. As I don't receive any notifications, so I guess there may be a bug that may delete user's thread in some situation.In this case, I will of course gladly send you the reply I've made before again. We're looking into the issue and thank you for your message. :)

Moryarity
20-01-12, 16:40

Don't worry, the location is just fine.

1. There is an option to change the interface language. When I browse through the forum without login, and when I change the language from English(US) to German(DE), every time I try to browse any link. The interface will just change back to german, and the option switch will change to german(DE) automatically. And if I browse another link again, the interface will change back to english again. I have try it on IE/Firefox on my pc, and safari on my iphone, and they all get the same result.

Right now, this setting only applies to the currently active page. So if you browse to another page, the forum will use the default setting again.

2.I have choose english(US) before I login, but the page is still in german, this problem in fact have arise before the upgrade of forum, seem nobody take care about it.

This is referring to the login page which is always in the language of the corresponding forum. So for the German forum it is German. I already said multiple times that you can simple login at the UK forums and the login will remain activ if you go here.

I can't confirm this problem. If I use the quick reply box or the edit window all arrow commands remain active in that area only.

Hiccups1980
20-01-12, 18:27
Right now, this setting only applies to the currently active page. So if you browse to another page, the forum will use the default setting again.
This dont happen if u changed your forum language in the settings of your account here -> http://forums-de.ubi.com/profile.php?do=editoptions -> FORUM LANGUAGE
Than youre language will be saved forever! :)

Moryarity
20-01-12, 18:36
This dont happen if u changed your forum language in the settings of your account here -> http://forums-de.ubi.com/profile.php?do=editoptions -> FORUM LANGUAGE
Than youre language will be saved forever! :)

I now, but ivan was talking about not being logged in and changing the language at the bottom of the page ;)

Hiccups1980
20-01-12, 18:39
Ah sorry. Than youre right, Moryarity. :)

ivan6346
21-01-12, 07:16

Well, if you have read, then you will find that you are wrong. And no worry, we don't need to find the reason, we know in what saturation it happen, that's enough.

This is referring to the login page which is always in the language of the corresponding forum. So for the German forum it is German. I already said multiple times that you can simple login at the UK forums and the login will remain activ if you go here.

And that won't be difficult for the developer to forward to a page with english template when english cookie flag is detected.

I can't confirm this problem. If I use the quick reply box or the edit window all arrow commands remain active in that area only.
You don't need to confirm, I report it to the developer only. And have you really read my sentence?

For developer, finding bugs is more difficult than solving bug, and it is much more difficult to start a debugging process than to debug. As the forum have just upgrade, it normally will have a chance to start the rarely start debugging process. So we, the user no need to know why there are bugs and how to solve in the user's style solution. We report it with detail how it happen and the developer will thanks you. You no need to show your intelligence in this point, unless you get the permission to modify the PHP script only.

Some extra information to the developer, for point 3(Still firefox only), I find that when I using the quick reply method at the bottom by default. Arrow key are not functioning, but if I hit the Reply button every after each reply, than arrow key within this area work fine.

Moryarity
22-01-12, 19:19
You don't need to confirm, I report it to the developer only. And have you really read my sentence?

I read your sentence and I told you that it is not a problem of the forum in general as it works fine for a lot of people.
It may have something to do with the browser you are using.

Some extra information to the developer, for point 3(Still firefox only), I find that when I using the quick reply method at the bottom by default. Arrow key are not functioning, but if I hit the Reply button every after each reply, than arrow key within this area work fine.

So maybe a firefox problem..the upgraded nightly works fine...

ivan6346
23-01-12, 07:01
I read your sentence and I told you that it is not a problem of the forum in general as it works fine for a lot of people.
It may have something to do with the browser you are using.

As you may have some reading problem, so I help you to color out what you should read.

Understand? It's a compatible problem bugs, I have clearly show it already in the first thread, if you do want to say you are OK, at least you should say what browser you are using and which version is it. Or, it will just be a meaningless reply. And in fact it's still quite pointless to let me know in which browser you are using is OK, unless you CONFIRM THAT IN FIREFOX 9.0.1, IT SEEM WORK PERFECT FOR you, than your reply will come meaningful, for compatible bug we don't need to know in which browser it work fine, but know which browser it work with problem, that's enough, or if UBI mark the page as IE ONLY or something else, then ok, just go ahead, I won't report question 3. And I do never think user of UBI website should use a testing build to browse its page.

And I don't think it's likely a setting problem too, as I have open difference version of firefox in difference OS in VM and they all have the same problem. And I think the developer will have a wise decision choose between solve it or not, and here just for your reference.

http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp

Moryarity
24-01-12, 01:39
As you may have some reading problem, so I help you to color out what you should read.

Maybe you should watch your tone, there is no need to be impolite here.

Understand? It's a compatible problem bugs, I have clearly show it already in the first thread,

And as I told you, there are people who do not have problems even with Firefox 9.0.1.

if you do want to say you are OK, at least you should say what browser you are using and which version is it. Or, it will just be a meaningless reply.

I already told you, which browser I am using: The updated (=latest version) nightly.

TheRealSam
24-01-12, 05:58
@ivan6346:

And as I told you, there are people who do not have problems even with Firefox 9.0.1.

I use Firefox 9.0.1. and have no problem at all!
The funny thing is, that I have those problems with Internet Explorer!
Makes it kinda hard to fix, huh?

And don`t worry. We told the developer about that issue!

ivan6346
24-01-12, 07:00
I already told you, which browser I am using: The updated (=latest version) nightly.

And do you know nightly build is a testing build?
And sorry for my impolite, as you know, you have ignore so many of my sentences before, and as you are a moderator, sometime a moderator may be on behalf of the company, or sometime a volunteer, you just make me feel you are a CS that trying to make so many excite that to shirk responsibility. I know you most likely a volunteer, but I think that you help to defense too much, sometime that's obviously a problem and I don't know why you just keep asking the user to solve problem themselves.

And thanks TheRealSam, so I know it may be not the browser or version itself problem but seem other reason causing it.

Moryarity
24-01-12, 16:08
And do you know nightly build is a testing build?

sure, I know that is is a test build.

And sorry for my impolite, as you know, you have ignore so many of my sentences before,

I did not ignore any of your sentences I rather got the impression, that you did not understand what I wanted to say with my reply.

And thanks TheRealSam, so I know it may be not the browser or version itself problem but seem other reason causing it.

That is exactly what I was trying to say by stating, that not all people with firefox are experiencing problems....

simbo23
06-02-12, 23:57
I can confirm problems using cursor keys while editing.

It occurs under specific workflow circumstances. but i can't say exactly what starts this behaviour. i recognized it in firefox 8-10 on windows and linux. this is definitively not a user-side problem.

And i'd like to report another bug:
when i edit an existing post and click on "advanced", all linebreaks are lost. appeared in firefox 8-10 on windows and linux.

those two bugs are very annoying. i hope you fix them soon.

or give me sourcecodes and money and i'll fix it... :)