Seite 1 von 3 123 LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 1 bis 10 von 22

Thema: Activation Limit Faqs | Forums

Senior Mitglied
    In these FAQs we answer all your questions regarding ANNO 1404 copy protection. As 2070 is also using TAGES alsmost the same features apply.

Question: How often can I activate my game?
    Answer: To start with, you can activate your game on three different PC configurations – if you have used up these activations, simply contact our Support team who will provide you with further activations free of charge and without hassle.

Question: My gaming PC does not have internet access. Are there alternative activation methods?
    Answer: You can use the ‘offline’ activation option. The Tages tool requires you to enter the provided serial number and then generates an executable key file ‘Anno4-@ctiv.htm’. You can save this file to a medium of your choice, for example a USB key. Then copy the key file to a PC with active online connection and execute it, which will generate a final activation code as .txt file. Alternatively, you can send the ‘Anno4-@ctiv.htm’ file via email to Tages and you will receive the final activation code. Copy the received .txt file (containing the activation code) back to the PC with the ANNO installation and restart the game. The activation dialogue window opens automatically in which you will be able to select the ‘offline’ activation option. In the following dialogue, please copy the entire content of the .txt file into the respective field and confirm the entry. The installed version of ANNO 1404 is now unlocked and can be played without an active internet connection.

--> see also at the bottom of this post for a link to a manual with pictures regarding this issue in 2070

Question: Does my PC always require an active internet connection when I want to play ANNO 1404?
    Answer: No, after successful activation an internet connection is no longer required, if you want to play in offline mode. HOwever, to use online features and MP an internet connection is required.

Question: What changes to my PC require a new activation?
    Answer: With regards to the activation system, a PC configuration consists of the most important hard- and software components of your computer, including the operating system, the CPU, the motherboard and the system hard drive. Small changes such as exchanging the graphics card or adding RAM are not considered changes to the PC configuration and therefore do not require a new activation.

Question: I have already used the activation for three different PC configurations – can I get further activations?
    Answer: Yes, if you do require further activations, please contact the Support team. They will provide you with new activations free of charge and without hassle.

Question: What data is transferred from my PC during the online activation?
    Answer: Only an encoded hash value calculated from the PC configuration and the activation serial number are transferred to the activation server. No personal data will be transferred during the activation.

Question: Do I have to activate the game on the same PC again when I uninstall and reinstall it?
    Answer: There is no need to activate the game again on the same PC configuration. The activation data for the game is saved in the file CSIDL_COMMON_APPDATA\Tages (normally equivalent to C:\Program Files\Tages on Windows Vista). The activation data is not removed during uninstalling the game.

Question: How often can I activate my game on the same PC?
    Answer: As often as you like – as long as the PC configuration is not changed.

Question: I frequently reinstall my operating system. Do I have to activate the game again every time?
    Answer: After each reinstall of the operating system the game must be activated again. If the PC configuration (including the hard drive partition on which the operating system is installed) has not changed, the activation does not use a new activation token as the same hash value is received by the activation server. You can also back up the data in the file CSIDL_COMMON_APPDATA\Tages to restore it later if the PC configuration has not changed.

Question: Can I install the game on my second PC or notebook?
    Answer: Normally you can install the game on more than one PC, but you must not play it in parallel on several PCs. That means, for example, that you are permitted to take part in Online-Multiplayer games with only one serial number at a time. For further information please read the Terms of Use (normally displayed after installation the game).

Question: What happens if the publisher or copy-protection provider unexpectedly terminates the support for the game? What happens if the activation servers are eventually switched off?
    Answer: In this very unlikely case, we will publish a patch for the game in due time to override the activation protection so you are guaranteed to use Anno 1404 in years to come. The copy protection will not limit the functionality of the game in any way.

http://anno.uk.ubi.com/pc/faq-tages.php

Here is some info on Activation that will help (translated from the German support page):

Main Page:
    http://translate.googleusercontent.c...WPco9B-VtzItEA

Activation:
    http://translate.googleusercontent.c...RICOZA96nXEc0Q
    Geändert von Moryarity (05-02-12 um 22:16 Uhr)
    Carpe Diem
    Zitieren Zitieren

Is this for ANNO 2070 or ANNO 1404? copy and paste much?
    Zitieren Zitieren

Senior Mitglied
    I just checked it's under the 2070 heading but actually states 1404

Darn means we still need clarification
    Carpe Diem
    Zitieren Zitieren

Nice work. It's highly likely that the same applies for 2070 unless if it's one step forwards and two steps back.
    "You're in a computer game, Max..."
    "Name in Anno 2070: Shama. Add me for a good time!"
    Zitieren Zitieren

Junior Mitglied
    I had read that previously but decided not to post it as it does refer to 1404 and the files it notes are no longer there.

Thanks for trying though
    Zitieren Zitieren

Question: How often can I activate my game on the same PC?
    Answer: As often as you like – as long as the PC configuration is not changed
    does it not auto reset every (lets say) 6 months or something ?

maybe once in a year or something i reset my pc, and not really like to contact support to get my game activated.
    now for anno 2070 i already used 2 times (first time i had crashes, so i formatted the whole pc as i also wrote in my support topic)

but now it will take again months before i might install again.
    so thats why i wonder, does it not get auto rest in 6 months or something ?
    Zitieren Zitieren

How do you do.
    But that it is necessary to send in tech. support for additional activation?
    The Key of the product or code in window of the manual activation, or else something?
    Zitieren Zitieren

So I install a new video card...and it makes me re-activate the game??

Installing a new video card makes me use up an activation when it takes an act of congress to get more than three?
    Zitieren Zitieren

Senior Mitglied
    Originally posted by noscar55:

Installing a new video card makes me use up an activation when it takes an act of congress to get more than three?
    No.

Small changes such as exchanging the graphics card or adding RAM are not considered changes to the PC configuration and therefore do not require a new activation.
    Carpe Diem
    Zitieren Zitieren

Originally posted by novalink1966:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by noscar55:

No.

Small changes such as exchanging the graphics card or adding RAM are not considered changes to the PC configuration and therefore do not require a new activation. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No. You're wrong.

It asked for new activation even if I change only the graphic card (Radeon instead of GeForce). I actually exceeded activation limit by changing graphic card only, on the same PC and without reinstalling OS.
    Zitieren Zitieren

Seite 1 von 3 123 LetzteLetzte