Seite 1 von 2 12 LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 1 bis 10 von 14

Thema: New Uplay Launcher reports game not installed...when its on my hard drive | Forums

Foren-Neuzugang

New Uplay Launcher reports game not installed...when its on my hard drive

In most cases having games on another drive work fine without having to reinstall them after a system wipe. With the exception of Ubisoft games which also required the launcher to be installed. But no big deal....I can get around that by just installing the launcher.....

That is however, until the guys at Ubisoft dreamt up this new Uplay launcher......

Now, the Uplay launcher "thinks" the game doesn't exist on my hard drive (because I previously didn't go through the process of actually re-installing the game after my last system wipe) and so now refuses to launch the game until I've re-downloaded all 5Gb of it.

And that's just Anno.....then there's my other Ubisoft games too.......

Which boneheaded moron decided that?

Surely the launcher should allow the player to manually setup the links to games that were previously installed? It's not rocket science. It should just give the user the option to manually "point" the icon to the desired location.

However, now I'm forced to redownload ALL my Ubisoft games just to get them to work with this new launcher.

All because this launcher doesn't allow you to "point" it to an installation location.

Well done Ubisoft you morons! <golfclap>

Ubisoft, not everyone has completely "unlimited" download capacity on their broadband connections, some of us don't want to waste bandwidth and time re-downloading games we already have on our hard drives!

Additional: Also, which ******** decided that when a user is forced to re-download a Ubisoft game, they are not given the ability to select WHERE to save the files??? Come on! Even a standard internet browser has that capability!
    Geändert von shop3AD711F3F (04-07-12 um 19:03 Uhr)
    Zitieren Zitieren

Junior Mitglied
    Had a similar issue with the game not being detected and then just went to the folder, used the executable file and the launcher noticed where it was installed.

You could try to launch the games manually also and see if it works.

P.S. Ubisoft. A warning about impending big changes would be VERY beneficial to not get dissatisfied customers. It's especially easy since you have the forced twitter feed.
    Zitieren Zitieren

Foren-Neuzugang
    Yeah, I tried that, but didn't work. Running the exe just invoked the launcher again and put me back to where I was.

In the end I had to essentially re-install the game to get the launcher to know where it resides on my hard drive. Which, of course, meant redownloading the entire game again because I bought it digitally and didn't have a backup copy available (due to the fact that I had one working fine which didn't require reinstalling).

I agree though, we should have been given a heads-up about this. At least they should give people the chance to try it out BEFORE they completely replace whatever existing solution is in use.
    Zitieren Zitieren

Foren-Neuzugang
    Hey- I agree- I tried to log in- after a while not playing the game: it showed me that I have to download the WHOLE GAME AGAIN, after the "wonderfull" uplay utility was updated!!! What kind of system they' re using- my profile is registered- even shows the previous achivements, but cannot simply truck the game location!!! BY the way- I did not reinstaled anything- just went through regular "log in/ update patch/ procedure".... How am I now to play the game which I paid money for!? I have limited internet amount traffic, so I cannot download the game already installed!!! Can anyone from Ubisoft answer this- uplay is definatley not my favorite software- I could do without it... please give us the way to correct the error which came with this Uplay update!!!
    Zitieren Zitieren

Foren-Neuzugang
    I'm having the same problem. I received the collectors edition for my birthday on Friday. Get it all installed and patched on Saturday. Go to play it today an all of a sudden (after updating) Uplay seems to think its not installed. Tried to use just the anno5.exe but that just keeps opening the game launcher and telling me I need to download the whole game! Which I obviously don't want to do because I have a hard copy. Has anyone found a work around or do I need to reinstall and patch all over again?

This is really, very disappointing.
    Zitieren Zitieren

Foren-Neuzugang
    I've never had a system wipe, or moved the files, or done anything to them. Game was installed from the retail disc at release, has worked fine ever since until now. This bloody new UPlay launcher absolutely refuses to accept that the game is installed, in the folder next to the Uplay one, where it has always been installed. I am THIS close to uninstalling the entire mess and refusing to buy another Ubisoft product on the PC ever again, because this is completely unacceptable. I have a bandwidth limit and I'm not redownloading a 5gig game just because some moron somewhere got it into their dense skulls to completely throw out and replace a system that wasn't even broken in the first place.

I've been a fan of Anno since the very beginning, I've put years into playing every game in the series, but this association with Ubisoft and it's ridiculous online platform are just about to end it. 1602 and 1503 might not work on a Windows 7 system, but 1701 and 1404 do, and I've a good mind to go back to playing one of those and writing 2070 off as a dead loss. Which is all the more sickening for the fact that I just bought all the DLC just last week.
    Zitieren Zitieren

Foren-Neuzugang
    Well…it’s really interesting… seems the problem with U-play account logging/game starting is not as rare as the Ubisoft/U-play admin. Wanted ( I just came from ”German” part of a forum there is the whole bunch of discussion going on!) Unfortunately, the English community of this forum is being regarded as less than important, judging from the response on messages and questions… Why there is no answer to pleads of help of those people who dedicated themselves to this game, and not to say, paid their money for LEGAL copy of the disc/file(depending how they bought the game: mine is on the disc, even though it does not help much- I still cannot load the game due to the bug with U-play wonderful software. ) I would like to have an answer- is there a remedy to U-play loading problem and what’s being done to correct it! ( Unless the customer support of the game, or whoever monitors the “community” of the gamers, decided to disregard the issue, since apparently the number of people with game loading issue is not major?) I do have limit on download/upload internet- so I don’t want to pay second time for a game download( as I mentioned before, my U-play account window says that I have to download the game again, even though the achievements for previous game playing are apparent ( like bonus missions ,etc.) I think that at least we deserve the official response to the problem, like- is it being worked on, and when it’s going to be corrected! I ask, kindly for now, and trying to be civilized about it, even though there is a silent- treatment from Ubisoft on those who having the problem with U-play accounts…

Those who agree with the sentiment stated here, please say so in this branch/ discussion, thus the administration knows I am not a lone voice… I hope for a response from the moderator, who knows what’s going on… Hope the issue will be corrected soon…
    Zitieren Zitieren

Foren-Neuzugang
    Hey folks i dont know how or why this works but it worked for me...i found where the game is installed and ran auotpatcher.exe, press next when asked and it brings the uplay launcher up and asks to bind my game (again) i did and the launcher changed to play.

Hope this works for you

Update: sorry folks only works once..if u quit out and go back in, the launcher "forgets" where it is again..you have to run autopatcher.exe again, its not perfect but its a workaround till they fix it.
    Geändert von anthony198223 (14-07-12 um 21:59 Uhr)
    Zitieren Zitieren

Junior Mitglied
    Any kind of update on this. I wouldn't mind having a game at some point, but I seriously am not downloading it again due someone being unable to locate a directory of an ALREADY INSTALLED game...

Seriously whoever designed that Uplay launcher should be fired. It's bloody terrible.
    Zitieren Zitieren

Junior Mitglied
    Wow, not only does it want to download again, it can't hold a connection longer than 20mins...

This is ridiculous...
    Zitieren Zitieren

Seite 1 von 2 12 LetzteLetzte