Seite 1 von 2 12 LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 1 bis 10 von 13

Thema: Can't build in port area. | Forums

Neues Mitglied

Can't build in port area.

I'm having a problem a couple of my multiplayer games. I can't build any harbor buildings in my ports, such as fisheries or sub bases, on a couple of my islands, though others are fine. Whenever I try placing a building, it just says port area blocked, even though it clearly isn't. My friend isn't having any issues like this. We've tried restarting and reloading the game to no avail.

Anyone else have this problem or know a workaround?
    Zitieren Zitieren

Can you provide a screenshot of one of those harbours?

Some buildings require a certain amount of free tiles around them, so they may not be available at that spot.

If it is not working at all, try to destroy your harbour and replace it at a slightly different location.
    And though we are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts, Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
    Alfred,Lord Tennyson (1809-1892)
    Foren-FAQ Ubi-Support Anno2070-Support-FAQ Launcher-Hilfe News und Aktuelles
    Zitieren Zitieren

Neues Mitglied

I'll give that a try, thanks.
    Zitieren Zitieren

It may be one of those problems with the free space, but it is hard to tell. Can you build that fishery near the turret on the right side of the harbour (where the other fisheries are)?

All three, the fishery, the harbour office and the ship yards, need free tiles around them, so maybe the section you want to build in is blocked.
    And though we are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts, Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
    Zitieren Zitieren

Junior Mitglied
    This is a known issue for me. This happens when you somehow block a lets call it :"critical location" (program fucks up itself) so this bug happens. This can also escalate by you not being able to build ANY port authorities either. Happened to me a few times that I blocked my Harbor area and that made it not only to block further buildings in that area BUT not being able to construct ANY new port authorities ANYWHERE on my island too. This can be a nasty bug.
    Can fix it by removing the last placed building then placing it somewhere else so you avoid that "critical location"
    Zitieren Zitieren

Senior Mitglied
    I don't understand the rules for building in a harbor - or perhaps it's bugged. It's much easier for example to build a fishery so that it's adjacent to and aligns with another fishery. If I move it one space away it won't let me build it. What I do now to help prevent blocking is to build a pier that juts out from the Warehouse and I then build a bunch of fisheries on both sides of the pier adjacent to each other. I don't build fisheries along the coast anymore.
    Zitieren Zitieren

The fisheries need a certain amount of free tiles in front of them, if you move the fishery to the front, then this area may interfere with the area that should be unoccupied from the adjacent fishery.
    Zitieren Zitieren

Neues Mitglied
    I run into this differently where randomly one section of the building area will be red even if nothing is on the shore to be blocked. It's usually a square shape chunked out of the semicircle that the harbor building creates. It's almost as though the game has a different layer to prevent buildings that conflicts with the harbor building area.
    Zitieren Zitieren

The reason might be, that the harbour needs at least 6 (IIRC) free squares for ship routes that must be free of buildings.
    Zitieren Zitieren

Forum Veteran Avatar von dmdilks
    This happen to me when we were playing the beta and I can't remember what I did to fix it.

So it has been there from the beta. But like I said I can't remember what I did to fix it.
    GIGABYTE-GA-GA-X99-UD4 i7-5820k 3.20GHz, G.Skill 16gb DDR4 2133 Quad, MSI 7950 3GB, In Win Glacier 900W, COOLER MASTER HAF 932 , 240gb SSD, Win7 Ult-64bit, 39" LED TV
    Zitieren Zitieren

Seite 1 von 2 12 LetzteLetzte